Discovering the Hidden Gems of Yucatan: Ek Balam, Rio Lagartos, and Las Coloradas!
Experience flamingo flocks and pink lakes on Rio Lagartos, unravel the mysteries of the ancient Mayans at Ek Balam, and taste the real Mexican flavor in a tequila factory on this unique private tour that has it all – and lunch is included! This tour combines a visit to the archaeological complex Ek Balam with an immersive journey into Yucatan’s amazing nature.
During this journey full of bright contrasts, you will:
• Explore the ancient city of Ek Balam, named after its last governor, Black Jaguar. This Mayan city is one of the last discovered and recently opened to the public. You will witness the places where sacrifices were performed and have the opportunity to climb the Acropolis, the governor’s palace, which is considered the biggest Mayan monument so far. You will try to resolve the altar’s mystery, which guards the entrance to the kingdom of the dead.
• Visit a tequila factory and learn all about the process of making and the types of this famous beverage. You’ll have the chance to taste it too.
• Traverse the biosphere reserve of Rio Lagartos by wading through the mangroves on small boats. Observe flocks of flamingos, Cayman crocodiles, and other inhabitants of the reserve searching for the symbol of good luck – the “sea cockroach.”
• Discover Las Coloradas, a valley of pink lakes. The high content of minerals and salts in the water creates a special pink color and consistency similar to that of the Dead Sea.
• Have the option to take a natural white clay bath and then wash it away by swimming in the Gulf of Mexico.
Planning your trip to Mexico and have questions, want to get personal quotation or leave us a review? In any case we would love to chat with you!. firstname.lastname@example.org