This tour combines a visit to archaeological complex Ek Balam and a close acquaintance with amazing Yucatan’s nature. During this full of bright contrasts journey you will visit:
• The ancient city of Ek Balam, named after its last governor, Black Jaguar, is one of the last discovered Mayan cities and opened to the public only recently. You will see the places where sacrifices were performed, climb the Acropolis – the governor’s palace, considered the biggest Mayan monument so far, and try to resolve the altar’s mystery, which guards the entrance to the kingdom of dead.
• Tequila factory and production, where you learn all about the process of making and types of this famous beverage and, of course, you will taste it.
• The biosphere reserve Ria Lagartos, where we will wade through the mangroves on small boats, observing flocks of flamingos, Cayman crocodiles and other inhabitants of the reserve searching of the symbol of good luck – the “sea cockroach”.
• Las Coloradas. It’s a valley of pink lakes. Due to the high content of minerals and salts, the water gains a special pink color and its consistency is like one of the Dead Sea.
• There, if you want, you will be able to take a natural white clay bath and then wash it away swimming in the Gulf of Mexico.
Planning your trip to Mexico and have questions, want to get personal quotation or leave us a review? In any case we would love to chat with you!. firstname.lastname@example.org